BRIDGES OUT OF POVERTY
Bridges Out of Poverty is considered a starting point toward a shared community-wide perspective through which community agencies can view themselves, their clients, and the community. Using this tool, discussions have continued in Simcoe County with the community, front-line staff and management to develop new ways of working together toward strengthened poverty reduction outcomes.
Many organizations in Simcoe County participated in Train-the-Trainer sessions including:
- Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle
- Barrie Career Centre
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Simcoe County
- Careers for Inclusion
- Catulpa Community Services
- Children’s Aid Society
- Community Connection
- County of Simcoe Social and Community Services Division
- Focus Community
- Simcoe County District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- United Way of Greater Simcoe County
- YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka
Goals of the Trainer sessions:
- Increase engagement in a coordinated poverty reduction framework.
- Developing coordinated support from a range of organizations across Simcoe County.
- Build capacity and sustainability in the County
Coordination of the community orientation sessions is guided by the Bridges Leadership Council.
“Bridges out of Poverty is an interactive workshop that increases one’s awareness of the resources needed to function successfully in our society.”