BRIDGES OUT OF POVERTY
Bridges Out of Poverty is considered a starting point toward a shared community-wide perspective through which community agencies can view themselves, their clients, and the community. Using this tool, discussions have continued in Simcoe County with the community, front-line staff and management to develop new ways of working together toward strengthened poverty reduction outcomes.
Many organizations in Simcoe County participated in Train-the-Trainer sessions including:
- Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle
- Barrie Career Centre
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Simcoe County
- Careers for Inclusion
- Catulpa Community Services
- Children’s Aid Society
- Community Connection
- County of Simcoe Social and Community Services Division
- Focus Community
- Simcoe County District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- United Way of Greater Simcoe County
- YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka
Goals of the Trainer sessions:
- Increase engagement in a coordinated poverty reduction framework.
- Developing coordinated support from a range of organizations across Simcoe County.
- Build capacity and sustainability in the County
Coordination of the community orientation sessions is guided by the Bridges Leadership Council.
Training resources for Certified Trainers click here: Simcoe Training Resources
“Bridges out of Poverty is an interactive workshop that increases one’s awareness of the resources needed to function successfully in our society.”